Saturday, July 5, 2008

Flea Market at Elko Minnesota






We went to the Flea Market at Elko New Market in Minnesota on the 4th of July. I think this is a wonderful way to spend the holiday.

The weather was perfect. Sunny with blue skies. Not overly hot. We started at 10 in the morning and went till 5 in the afternoon. Hard to believe but we never did get to see everything. They have great places to sit under the trees if you need something to eat or just a break from the walking, which I needed to do several times.

You can find everything from live plants for your patio to antiques here. Lowell and I were on the quest to try to find a treasure at a great price. No such luck. I was hunting for items from Alden, Minnesota to give to our friends David and Cheryl from Alden. No such luck. Another thing on my list was a tacky pair of pink flamingo salt and pepper shakers to send to my girlfriend Alison and her hubby Cecil. Once again no luck.

No comments: