Monday, June 30, 2008

Ethan, Evan and Aaron







Our next important stop is in Illinois. Tracy, Lowell's daughter is awaiting the arrival of the wandering parents. She is making several calls to us to make sure we can find our way and are not lost in some thrift store. " Where are you now ?" " Stay off the Martin Luther King Bridge with your motor home" You are going the wrong way turn around ". This is just a few of our conversations in a few short hours.

Finally we pull up to Tracy's and out comes running Ethan, Aaron and Evan. I think it is me they want to see , no I am passed. Must be grandpa. No they run pass him. Yes you have it right. Miss spooky is who they want to see. Spooky Spooky that is all I hear.

We spent several wonderful days there. Ethan has a spelling bee and a geography bee. Ethan had a baseball game for us to attend. He was outstanding of course. Aaron loves to play games so every night after dinner is game time. Grandpa loses of course.

Evan is adorable, of course in grandma's confused mind I have to call him every name but Evan. "I am Evan" My mother used to say several different names before saying the right one and I would laugh. Now I am my mother.

We had a wonderful time in Illinois with the family. Tracy , husband David and the 3 boys have since transferred to the Washington D C area. That will be a wonderful place to visit and hang out for a few days in the future.

Joke of the day found from the Internet:

Where is this place?
A man and his wife were driving their Recreational Vehicle across the country and were nearing a town spelled Kissimee. They noted the strange spelling and tried to figure how to pronounce it - KISS-a-me; kis-A-me; kis-a-ME. They grew more perplexed as they drove into the town.

Since they were hungry, they pulled into a place to get something to eat. At the counter, the man said to the waitress:

"My wife and I can't seem to be able to figure out how to pronounce this place. Will you tell me where we are and say it very slowly so that I can understand."

The waitress looked at him and said: "Buuurrrgerrr Kiiiinnnng."

No comments: